Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"once a chief, always a chief...."


This morning, we reviewed a case of HTLV-1 associated T-Cell lymphoma. The human T-lymphotropic virus (HTLV-I) is a retrovirus.

As we discussed, HTLV-1 is also associated with myelopathy, AKA tropical spastic paraparesis (TSP) which causes progressive weakness and spasticity of one or both legs with hyperreflexia.

HTLV-I is diagnosed by serum serology.

Treatment is not indicated for asymptomatic HTLV-1 infection.

*The title of this post has nothing to do with HTLV-1. I just liked Dr. HPK's quote from this morning!

1 comment :

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!