Friday, May 8, 2015

Eosinophilia!

Thank you to Team 1 (Amina) and Dr. McNeely for discussing a very interesting topic, and a favourite clinical problem of many great general internists (including Dr. Abdullah and former CMR Dr. Jacobs)!
A lonely pink eosinophil

Not only is eosinophilia challenging to pronounce, but it is also a challenging diagnostic dilemma, as the differential diagnosis is quite broad and often involves invasive investigations to characterize the underlying etiology (bone marrow biopsy, tissue biopsies, etc.)

The basic approach is to classify the eosinophilia as either a secondary phenomenon, or a primary eosinophilia. 

Within the differential for secondary causes of eosinophila are the following:

Infectious causes:
Tissue-invasive parasitosis (i.e. Strongyloides, Filariasis)
Strongyloides

Noninfectious causes:
Drugs (Sulfa, CBZ)
Atopy / Allergies - asthma, atopic dermatitis
Autoimmune - eGPA, GPA (Churg-Strauss, Wegener's), Sarcoidosis
Malignancy - T-cell lymphoma, metastatic disease
Endocrine - Addison's disease

The differential for primary causes of eosinophilia is a collection of hematologic malignancies and myeloproliferative disorders:

Acute leukemias (AML)
Chronic Myeloid disorders - CML, and other molecular defined chronic myeloid disorders (8p11 Syndrome)
Clinicopathologically defined chronic myeloid disorders (MDS, PRV, mastocytosis)


Taking a thorough history is of critical importance, in terms of obtaining a detailed travel and exposure history that might suggest a parasitic infection.  A history of atopy, or other symptoms of vasculitis (wrist drop, hematuria, fever, arthritis, etc.)  

Reference:
Tefferi, A. Blood eosinophilia: a new paradigm in disease classification, diagnosis, and treatment. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 80(1): 75-83, 2005 Jan.


5 comments :

Amy Kendral said...

Massive Gratitude to doctor Razor who got my Genital Herpes cured a month ago. I have been reading so many comments of some people who were cured from various diseases by Doctor Razor, but i never believed them. I was hurt and depressed, I was too curious and wanted to try Doctor Razor, then I contacted him through his email (drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com) when I contacted him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, I pleaded with him to help me out. I also got His Website : https://drrazorherbalhome.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome.  My treatment was a great success, he healed me just as he promised. He sent me his medication and asked me to go for check up after 18 days of taking his herbal medicine. I agreed with him and I took his medication and went for check up, to my greatest surprise my result came out negative after the treatment, I'm really delighted that i'm completely cured and healthy again. I waited for a month to be very sure I was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through Herpes HSV-1 or HSV-2, HIV, HPV, Hepatitis B, Diabetes, Cancer should reach him. EMAIL: drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com. WHATSAPP: +2349065420442  My greatest joy is having back my happiness

Rita said...


I'm 40 years old female I tested genital herpes (HSV1-2) positive in 2002. I was having bad outbreaks. EXTREMELY PAINFUL. I have try different kinds of drugs and treatment by the medical doctors all to know was avail. Six months ago I was desperately online searching for a helpful remedies for genital herpes (HSV1-2) cure, which i come across some helpful remedies on how Dr OYAGU have help so many people in curing genital herpes (HSV1-2) with the help of herbal treatment because I too believe there is someone somewhere in the world who can cure herpes completely. At of the past 2 months, however, I've been following his herpes protocol Via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or +2348101755322 and it stopped all outbreaks completely! To my greatest surprise I was cured completely by following the protocol of his herbal medicine . Don't be discouraged by the medical doctors. There is a cure for HSV with the help of herbs and roots by a herbalist Dr call Dr OYAGU he is so kind and truthful with his herbal treatment, kindly contact him for more information Via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or WhatsApp DR on +2348101755322 you will be lucky as i am today

grace said...

herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it and is only few American doctors that know about this herbal medicine from Dr Akhanene .. I have read about Dr Akhanene the great herbalist doctor from African who can cure disease with his powerful herbal medicine. for the people suffering from the following diseases, Herpes, Cancer, Also,Herpatitis, Diabetes, Hps,Infections ETC should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes. Although, i sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which i took for 1 weeks and today when i went for test i was tested herpes negative. you can reach him through his Emai drakhanenespellhome@gmail.com.com or whatsapp or call him +2348168714427

Tucker Conrad said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!