Thursday, July 29, 2010

Paraneoplastic Demyelination


First, wow and thank you to Dr. Panisko for flexing his muscles and walking through the differential diagnosis of yesterday's case! We discussed, among other things, an approach to weakness with a focus on demyelinating disease. A paraneoplastic syndrome was the likely conclusion.

You can find an overview on paraneoplastic neurologic disorders here.

Here is a case report of GBS associated with an adenocarcinoma of the gallbladder (only one that I could find).

Finally, here is a review of chronic demyelinating disorders.

1 comment :

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!